Skip to main content

HOW LIL KESH’S SONG, “EFEJOKU” MADE ME LOSE A JOB OFFER – JOB SEEK SHARE HIS STORY


According to this young man who wrote to Us, he lost a job offer because he was listening to LilKesh’s smash hit ‘Efejoku’. 
  Read the hilarious story below:-
I had seen couple of people come up online to complain about unemployment. I took it so easily not until I graduated and finished my NYSC that I began feeling the heat of unemployment and job hunting fire. Being a serious unemployed in Nigeria Is frustrating and intimidating.
My first ever job I applied for my NYSC, after the application, with even my 2.1 grade I wasn’t even invited for any form of test or interview. Na so I begin apply oo and yet nothing positive showed forth. One that pained me was the one I and 4 of my friends applied for. four of my friends were called and I was left behind. That one pain me sote I began crying. I felt intimidated, that I wasn’t good enough. I felt dejected and down casted. I felt I wasn’t up to my peers standard. All that made me strong.
Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with it.
On the 5th of January 2016 I visited my friend of mine in Wuse. When I got there he was having a mini indoor party with his wife to be. They were playing “Efejoku” by Lil kesh. They were feeling the song. Immediately my phone rang. I checked the number calling and it wasn’t a number saved on my phone. I went to a corner that I could be able to speak audibly with the caller. I picked the call and it was a female voice. She said her name was Mabel and she was calling from the auditing firm I applied for the past year. Immediately I heard that, I immediately composed myself. But I was shocked the questions she started asking me.
At first I thought it was a joke or compliment but later, no be complement oo.
Below was how our conversation went:-
Mabel—- Good afternoon. My name is mabel, I believe am speaking with ********?
Me – Good afternoon .Yes you are.
Mabel—- Am from ******* Auditing firm. You applied for one of our vacant posts
Me ——- Yes I did.
Na here the call come turn another thing.
Mabel —— Ehmm, what kind of song is that ?
Me—- Song! Which song?
Mabel—The song at the background. Or are you not the one playing that song
Then I realized she was talking about the song “Efejoku” playing at my own end. I never knew she was hearing it because I was not close to the parlour where the song is being played. I was quit far from the speakers. I told her it’s my friend’s place.
Mabel —- Why do you people like all these kind of wordly songs?
Me no know wetin to answer her. I thought she was calling to tell me that I have made it and their company had recruited me. I no come know the one wey she dey talk about song.
Me—— *silence**
Mabel—- It seems this is the kind of song you like too, you and your friends?
Me —- Not at all ma, I …..
She cuts in
Mabel — Our company wants responsible and sound people. Not mad men.
Me— (I didn’t know what to tell her) Am in my friends place.
Mabel — Your friend’s place? You guys stay in a ghetto area because we don’t want employees to bring thugs and ghetto into our company.
Me— No ma aaa oooo. Am not in a ghetto.
Before I could finish she has cut the call. I was very pained and angry. My friend asked me to go to their office in Wuse the next day.
The next day I went to their office. I met with one of the staffs who asked me to wait for one Mr. James na so I begin wait till the Mr. James came. I explained what happened the previous day to him. He laughed and asked me to come back the next day. When I came back the next day, the Mr james directed me to one Mrs Dammy. I guessed she was the one that called the other day. But it was unfortunate that the Mrs Dammy was not around. I was asked to wait. Na so I wait reach 4pm, work close.
I came back the next day, security no come allow me enter. Few days ago I got a text from an unknown number which I believe it’s from the firm. The text read. “Sorry we can’t employ you. We don’t employ thugs in ******* firm.” The thing pain me again.
That was how I lost this job.
- See more at: http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2016/02/03/how-lil-keshs-song-efejoku-made-me-lose-a-job-offer-job-seek-share-his-story/#sthash.BTStD3Mp.dpuf

Comments

You may also like

Football Lover, Get In Here! Who Do You Think Can Win The Champions League Title?

Hello football lover, I hope you are having a awesome day out there? We have come to end of the dramatic, sensational and incredible Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Dr Smith-Amid-TeddyGomerry_NDOLO

DR SMITH L'ARANGEUR IS BACK AGAIN WITH A NEW HIT TITLED -NDOLO DA BLOG RECORD PRESENT DR SMITH L'ARANGEUR 12 ETOIL

DMW Ft. Dav!do, Peruzzi, Yonda & Fresh [Video]

DMW Ft. Dav!do, Peruzzi, Yonda & Fresh DMW wastes no time in dishing out the visuals to their latest effort entitled “ Aje ” featuring the leader of the gang – Dav!do , Peruzzi , Yonda and producer Fresh . The video was shot on location in Dakar, Senegal and it was directed by Twitch Visuals . Don’t have the Song yet? Download it HERE DOWNLOAD VIDEO

Top 10 Highest Paid Nigerian Musicians In 2016

As we round off the year 2016, we also profile the top Nigerian music acts that made the most money in it! A list compiled by  SMAWZNAIJA ENTERTAINMENT profiles the facts and rankings of the highest paid musicians in Nigeria for year 2016. This is the list of the Top 10 Nigerian artistes that made the highest money within the past 12 months; which is from December 1st, last year, to November 30, 2016. THE TOP TEN HIGHEST PAID MUSICIANS IN NIGERIA 2016 10. KOREDE BELLO   Korede, loved by his “bellovers”, we can tell for sure the cute singer made most of his money within the last 12 months from digital sales. Not all his singles were hits in Nigeria this year but he sold a lot on digital platforms, the singer has quite a lot of fans internationally so they often buy his songs and watch his music videos a lot on YouTube. Korede didn’t get called for many shows but he had a few. The singer also has an active endorsement deal with the telecom giant GLO. Estima...

E-breezy TRAP IT

Coming through is one of mainland's most highly  rated and promising acts,E breezy aka "DBeast”. The festac bred rapper/singer is currently putting in work for his Ep "son of the soil" with a fast growing buzz in lagos,

Aye "PLUTO GANG"

Pluto Gang ft Waskid / Little star / Yungzy / Prizzy "AYE" (Prod. by Nomoreless) AYE is the 1st Music released by PLUTO GANG

olamide orobo lyric

Lyrics: Olamide – Orobo Smawznaija lyric Olamide – Orobo Lyrics DOWNLOAD AUDIO [Intro] Holla bobo [Hook] Come on baby, I know you like my music eh eh Dont be shy, I know you want to loose it eh eh Se ra’won olete, won mo p’awa jasi eh eh Dem like my music gan, but dem say e razz eh eh [Chorus] Kiboroki, orobokiboroki eh eh Kiboroki, orobokiboroki eh eh Kiboroki, orobokiboroki eh eh Kiboroki, orobokiboroki eh eh

THROWBACK

See How Genevieve Nnaji ,Rita Dominic,Ini Edo And Uche Jombo Look Like In Their Throwback Picture [SEE]

Feez 4 "mazarati"

Feez4 is an unsigned Nigerian HipHop Artiste who was born and brought up in Oyo State(Saki/Ago-Are). After his first single  E SURE FOR ME   in the music industry,